We were warmly welcomed by the staff at Brassiere Max and offered a table in the window, allowing us the opportunity to chat in the sunshine while people-watching as the morning warmed up.
The restaurant, which serves the hotel’s guests, was pleasantly quiet, with only a handful of tables finishing their breakfasts.
Bringing the state side party to London, Roadhouse is a Covent Garden hot spot for thrilling entertainment, live bands, DJs and dancing bar girls that will keep the fun roaring until 3am.
This basement bar beneath a Drury Lane restaurant is the perfect hideaway in Covent Garden for a good old belly-laugh with the lads, a giggle with the girls or even a cheek-aching chuckle with a date.
Escape the buzz of Covent Garden and enter into the entirely different Spanish-flavoured buzz of Salvador & Amanda.
It remained a chapel within the parish of St Martin-in-the-Fields until 1645, when Covent Garden was made a separate parish and the church dedicated to St. A survey of the damage found that the outer walls were still structurally sound, but that the portico would have to be reconstructed. Having been restored once more, again under Hardwick's supervision, the church was reconsecrated on 1 August 1798.
The puritan Thomas Manton ministered from the pulpit of St Paul's until the Great Ejection.
In 1630, the 4th Earl of Bedford was given permission to demolish buildings on an area of land he owned north of the Strand, and redevelop it.
The result was the Covent Garden Piazza, the first formal square in London. At the west end was a church, linked to two identical houses. Work on the church was completed in 1633, at a cost of to Bedford estate of £4,886, but it was not consecrated until 1638 due to a dispute between the earl and the vicar of St Martin-in-the-Fields.