3 month time limit for backdating

The primary legislative provisions governing claims and late claims are set out in Sections 241, 342 and 342A of the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005, as amended.See also Part 9, Chapter 1 of Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005. 142 of 2007) as amended – Articles 179 to 191 and SI 695 of 2006.While the rules described here apply to most benefits administered by the Social Security Agency (SSA), Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) and Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), they do not cover those benefits with separate schemes for decision making and appeals, ie: For further information on the decision making process as it applies to tax credits, administered by HMRC, please see Law Centre (NI)’s tax credit briefings available on the website ( R).Adjudication in connection with Housing Benefit is now incorporated within decision making and appeals legislation.The date your claim will start depends on how and when you claim HB or CTS.For HB and CTS we normally start your claim from the Monday after you first made contact with us or the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), but only if you return a properly completed claim form within one month of us issuing it.

It should also indicate whether the business would consent to the ombudsman looking into the complaint if it's referred to us outside of the six month time limit.NIHE continues to have responsibility for receiving and adjudicating on fresh claims and for deciding issues in the first instance.However, anyone seeking to challenge a decision made by NIHE has the right of appeal to an independent appeal tribunal and ultimately to the Social Security Commissioner.This period is usually referred to as 'the prescribed time' - see paragraph 3.4 below.For the purposes of satisfying identity, the Claimant may be asked to: Where a claimant for any Social Welfare Benefit or Assistance (excluding Supplementary Welfare Allowance) is required to produce Birth, Marriage or Death certificates, these may be purchased for a reduced fee (currently €1.00) from the General Register Office or Superintendent Registrar's Office (one located in each county).